Friday, August 28, 2009

Jinxed?

WARNING! INTERESTING BUT GRUESOME ENTRY. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Maybe. Or maybe it’s something else. But somehow, I have this constant confrontation with creatures of cadaverous and inanimate nature. Without fail, almost every time I go out, alone or with my friends, I’m bound to see something dead. Weird?

The first time it happened, it was an owl. I think it fell of a branch and just died cause it was sort of sitting up. It became my usual landmark for about a month till none but bones remained. These sightings became increasingly frequent. Once was with Daniel, walking through the car park I saw a dead rat. Before I could do anything, Daniel went ahead and stepped on it unknowingly. After his ‘reaction’, there in front of us was a dead frog.

Another time was with the whole jinn gang. On the way to Tanjung there was this huge crow lying dead by the side of the road. If I remember correctly, an eye was missing. No one dared to poke it though. The other times, I came across a dead snake, a flattened snake, several dead frogs and a monitor lizard. Quite a history if I might add, and all in their various stages of decomposition.

Whether it’s a curse or not, it happened again today. Was walking with Rach to Tanjung and I saw this dead cat by a tree. I told Rach but she insisted it was the bark of the tree. That was until she saw the flies buzzing around. At that sight, she made an incredible sprint. So anyway on the way back, I was contemplating the morality of moving a lifeless creature. The sadistic side won with influence from Rach who was cowering a few trees behind.

before turning it over

 Took a stick and tried rolling it over. It was numb, hard, almost like an over compressed beanie pillow and was to some extent, crunchy. It took four sticks to turn the cat. When I did, all along while blue bottle flies as big as peanuts were flying around, I saw the face of a creature dead. Imagine unmasking the Phantom of the Opera.

after i turned it over

a phantom cat

 It was undistinguishable that it was cat. Whatever fur that was not gone was damp and wet. A hotel for decomposers. Maggots twice the size of the flies crawled in and out of its ear with more spawning overflowing from its mouth and eating into its stomach all while the flies and ants explored its mouth. 

it's face...what's left of it at least...

maggots eating into its stomach

ill leave you to guess whether that hole was natural or maggot made

Its paw was somewhat half eaten. And it wreaked the stench of rotting flesh. Couldn’t help but to take a few pics.

Cursed by the many frogs and rats I cut open unhesitantly? A calling to be a coroner? Or just an opportunity to bask in a field of interest. But with each feeling of disgust and nausea, there’s that of curiosity and sadistic fascination.  Screwed up? Who knows? 


No comments:

Post a Comment